Monday 16 December 2013

JAINISM-- JAIN CULTURE-- CHANGES CHATURMAS HAS MADE------- !!!.


Post Chaturmas,with preaching of Sugurudeo, my knowledge covering karmas stand reduced to some extent. I became more familiar with Jain culture. The inbuilt arrogance and some few misconceptions started to reduce. It bought me near to society.

 I started to visit Sthank and Upasharas to attend Gurudeo's lectures to add to my knowledge of Jainism. I came to know about sanity of Chaturmaas. It is a period of four months when Jain Sadhus and Sadhviji stay at one place. The compulsory stay at a single place for monks is specified by Mahaveer Bhagwan in holy Aagams .
Reason being, it is period of rainy season and wondering here and there can cause Jiva-Hinsa (violence). As in this period small creatures take birth to maximum extent. The period starts from full moon day of Aashad month and last up to full moon day of Kartik
 At the end of Chaturmaas, I met some of regular attendants devotees -discussed what they gain in this period of four months. Their views are being summarized on following line .It help to study the changes.
1- I gave up tub bathing, shower bathing and now use only half  bucket of water for bath. I see that no drop of water is wasted unnecessarily as ,we believe life in water drop. True say water is life.
2- I came to know Jain shall follow Thithi as per Jain calendar as it correct moon based one. It is slight different from traditional English calendar. Now I observe second, fifth, eight ,eleventh. fourteenth and
fifteenth as full religious activities days. On these auspicious days I do not go for martial relations with spouse and avoid vegetable fruit.

3- I have decided not to walk on grass lawns and pluck flowers from trees. I made to understand their pain and loss of life for living souls.

4- Now I am not taking lunch or dinner while watching television.
5 -I have decided to do minimum one Samaik daily. In case of time shortage ,I do Samwar for ten minutes. It gives me total inner peace.
6- I will go for simple marriage for my daughter. Only day time food without roots I will prefer and get consent from groom's father. Also I am planning to avoid show business and donate saved amount for good causes to the possible extent. Hopefully I will be able to do it.
7-I have reduced use of fan, bulbs etc. Gurudeo told me to remember how our ancestral used to live in villages without it.
8-I make it sure to switch off all electric points when ever I go out.
9- I have decided to follow Navkarshi daily. I  take water in mouth only after fifty minutes passed post sunrise. Navkarshi seems to be most easy Pachkhan and Tap to me. I also try to take dinner before sunset. It is also proved to be correct medically. I use only boiled or ash mixed water for drinking. Availability of it in my home provides me opportunity to offer it when Sadhus come to my home for their Gochari. It is said to be hygienic also.
10- Now I take care while walking and take care I am not keeping my feet on small insects like ant etc.

11- I have decided to study all 32 Aagams and to know what exactly Mahaveera Bhagwan has told to world before leaving.
12- Previously I was keeping aloof from community. Now I am in touch with them. I also exploit opportunity if ,I can help my fellow Swadharmi brothers and sisters who are in need of various types.
13-   Now I have decided to assist my maid servant for medicals needs and insured them with Mediclaim policies.
14-.I have reduced my anger and try to listen to view point of others. I am trying for minimum interference in family matters as I realized that the show will go on for ever with me or with out me.
15--  Now I take into plate what I can eat and do not waste food.
Clean empty plate, I prefer at the end of food to avoid bacteria.
 16- This Chaturmaas brought total transformation with in me.I can reduce blood pressure with reduced dose of medicines.
17- I have taken oath preserve my Samkit. Under the oath will not visit temples other than Jain Temple. I may visit such places only as tourist instead of devotee as all other God bows to Trithankar Bhagwan. However I have kept one exception of my ancestral family God as a respect to my  beloved parent.Balnace Mithyatav given up. 
I was very much delighted with the conversations and also decided if I can further go for any of above changes I thanked organizers for  Chaturmas gifted by our great religion--- --------------------Jainism.

JAI JINENDRA-----------!!!------------ JAI MAHAVEER----!!!.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment