Saturday 14 December 2013

JAINISM-PRAYERS-PURPOSE AND EFFECTS------------!!!

In my childhood, I used to visit hospitals to meet my ailing relatives along with my parents. I could not understand the crowd of  relatives in hospital campus. Relatives were waiting in it's campus for several hours. I used to imagine the reasons of their gathering since- they do not possess medical expertise. Barring attendant only there was little scope which they could do for benefit of patients. When I asked my father, he told me they are praying for recovery of patients. Still the question for connection of prayers and it's effect on recovery of the  patient remained as a mystery in my heart for a quite long period .
With passage of time layers of my childhood innocence started for melting. But the connection query haunted me for ever. I tried to get the answer from Jainism for this particular query by reading books.
I could make it out that there is no connection between prayer and  cure. It was hard to believe but true because if prayers answered, no one could ever die since every one gets prayers from other in his bad time. The number may vary for each case of  individual such tragedy.
Now let us see the effects of prayer. The person praying is adding mind Punya to his Karman body. He is doing it out of similar actions of patient for him in previous lives. Such inner connection  are called " Runanubandha ".Means repaying old good obligations. The patient can get relief only if his own A-Sata ( not feeling good) -pain karmas converts into Sata-Vedniya by his own actions involving Nirjara.
Then again another question crept in my mind. If God is free from love and hate and is termed as ' Vitragi" ,how our taking his name, reciting Navkar Mantra, singing prayers in his praise can help-----?

I discussed it with Gurudeo. He explained me that it is correct our Trithankar Bhagwan neither pleased nor annoyed with our actions. But our actions create a peaceful state of mind for ourselves. Guru further explained our state of mind changes as per given situation. Our mood is different in different situations as a effect of feelings.
It varies in funeral, marriage functions, partying with friend, relative
chatting and so on. When we visit any holy place Sthanak or temple or do Samaik at home, we cannot think of sins. The place  and name make us to remember the noble virtues of great souls who attained salvation .Those names are worthy to remember. Such prayers gives us inner peace and mental stability. It also a sort of adding to Punya.
This prayer period of our engagement keeps us away from sins and provide pure, peaceful and positive thinking which is helpful to cut bad karmas and offer Nirjara, That is the reason we keep our mind
engaged with devotion and prayers for the Almighty in adverse state.
Prayers may or may not create miracles but certainly they have the
healing power for us. So prayer is a must for all  good or bad times.

JAI JINENDRA---------!!!------------- JAI MAHAVEER---------!!!.









No comments:

Post a Comment