Saturday 19 April 2014

JAINISM----HARDCORE CRITIC OF JAINISM -------------!!!.

When I discuss Jainism with others I come across so many views. Some like it ,Some just listen, Some shows some interest, some rejects it and so on. One of my close friend is a hard core critic of Jainism. I do not mind criticism for Jainism since in bottom of my heart, I knew that there is not a single word in Jainism which is untrue as it is told by Kevaldyani Bhagwan. I am fortunate to have it.

There may be flaws in interpretation done by human beings. In spite of our friendship, I failed to change his opinion till now. He has two major objections for Jainism together with other small ones. His major objections-I discuss with readers in following lines, they are-.
1-Jainism main theory is based on invisible elements like Karma and souls. In this modern age and such advanced science, how one can believe things without proofs. Once organs like brain, heart, kidney fail to function- death occurs, there is no soul. Science has conducted experiments to catch image of soul while departing from body with most advanced cameras but not succeeded. Neither there is absolute any weight loss in body living and just died one. Most advanced weighing machines cannot note any micro milligram change in the room.Whole basis of soul is unfounded. Same is case with Karma. Nobody has seen single particle out of 8 Karma. They are said to be non living, then how can they affect living souls ? Just impossible !.
2-Jainism emphasis too much on sacrifice and limits enjoyment of present life. Who knows if there is next life or not ?. Jainism create fear of death in current life and advises for happiness in next unknown cycles. Let us enjoy the present without bothering future.
 I tried to pacify him with some discussions like- we cannot see air but science is just considering oxygen essential for survival.. Neither we can see fragrance or butter in milk. Just  due to it's invisibility, we cannot refuse it's existence. If karma theory is wrong ,why all living things are not in equal status of happiness. There must be some real reason for disparity in each one of us. It cannot be other than Karma.
All my discussion failed to change his views. Since he was a friend of mine ,I wanted him to live life with correct faith. I was looking for
a correct chance. I got the opportunity which forced him to rethink.

 One fine morning ,I asked him whether he can spare some time for me and accompany me to hospital ,where I want to meet my ailing relative. He agreed instantly. We both went and met the relative. Once it was over, I asked him whether he will mind to have some more visits to other wards. First he gave me a too cold look. Then he laughed at me and said he must credit my sense of humor, It is hospital and not a garden to pass time, he hinted. But any how he came along with me. I simply took him along with me. Without speaking a word ,we returned home after visiting some ailing patient.
As usual we met in the evening. He was silent. I asked him now can you please recollect what we saw in hospital. We recollected various patients. From infants to old one. All type of patients. Their pain and suffering has no reason. We discussed all the flash back of hospital.
A small baby was suffering due to valve problem of heart. Another young lady was taking chemotherapy to treat her breast cancer. A patient was fully plastered for various bone fractured due to severe accident. The total scenario was beyond words .I felt, there is no better place than hospital, if one has to find meaning of life while he is normal. It can be a good lesson which can force us to rethink.
I just asked him ,what you think for the kid--- suffering from heart disease-? She is just too small and too innocent to commit any sin in current life, thus there is no other reason than Karma theory for her sufferings. Also it implies  that we all had history of previous lives.
How it can be our  first only life ?There is offering in store for us. 

Her balance of good deeds offered her correct medical diagnosis and parent who can afford such treatment. Otherwise so many infants dies in interior villages with out admission to hospitals. .All patients are struggling for life. They have hope and basic faith in some of religion. They are now committed to good deeds and good Karmas once they are discharged I feel. I was also looking at his expressions.
So one need not to go through all such sufferings to know meaning of life. We are lucky to have Guide in form of Jainism. It can guide to end all sufferings by attaining salvation. So just do not engage in unwanted doubts and live life in correct knowledge and faith.
Just see life of Mahaveer Bhagwan--he was a prince of a kingdom and not a ordinary person, Such a wealthy and knowledgeable man must have gave up all comforts of life and  became monk for definite
reasons. Salvation is not possible with enjoyment of organs. Great soul like him can lead a simple life restricting pleasures of organs what is meaning of our so called enjoyment ?Worth to give all up.

He stood up asked if he could have some books on Jainism since he wanted to study it. I hugged him and favored him with some books with a smile and satisfaction in my eyes.. Time will tell if he remains critic of Jain religion, Karma theory or changes for better devotee.

JAI JINENDRA------------!!!--------JAI MAHAVEER-----------!!!.




JAIJINENDRA----------!!!------------- JAI MAHAVEERA----!!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment