Saturday 29 February 2020

JAINISM--RELIGIOUS MEMORIES OF CHILDHOOD-------!!!------PART---1.

Friends with moving of Gurudeo ,unseen force guiding me to pen down blog was missing. It created a void for me. This gap coupled
with February 2020 communal riots in Delhi made me sad. Riots
are not uncommon in India since days of partition. Slowly reaction
is changing. Previously majority felt bad for such incidents. Now a
small class enjoy the category of dead's caste. No doubt still news
of silver lining coming to ears. Some one giving shelters to other
casts ,while some are protecting worship places of other religion.

All this forced me to revisit my childhood's memories. For all of us 
childhood period is a golden period.Reasons may be different  but  this period opens gates of sweet memories for all of us. One reason
I feel each time past time was richer in values than current one. The
old time of 1960 was different. People were trusting each other very
easily. There was no need to pass through security checks in shops,
malls,stations etc. Small bunch of bad people has damaged forever
the structure ,innocence and trust of society and nation as a whole.

 I belonged to small town in Maharashtra state of Dhulia district.
Our town has a real cosmopolitan culture. Nobody was bothered to
check out other people's religious practices, food habits or speaking
languages. Each one is busy in one's business. Main reason was
lack of money. Till 1991 the rupee has small but real value. T hen the number of Rupee flows increased with reduction in  real value.
No doubt it resulted in fall of moral values also. We used to practice
religion as per individual legacy. At the same time ,we had mutual
respect for other's faith. I have friends from all communities. I used
to visit Sthanak, Jain Derasar for a while doing small time Puja
with Navkar and Loggas. Whenever monks visited town going for
their Darshan was a must. This was my practice of Jain religion.
But rest of times with friends I also visited Hindu temples ,Kirtan
and other holy places. When my Muslim friend decided to go to
Ajmer Sharif for blessing, he took group of his five friends along
with his ailing father ,I was in his group. With my mother I attended
many ladies religious festivals like Teej, Gingor, Shitlamata Pujan.
Attending Satyanarayan Puja andNavratri Dandiya was common.
From Rajastan there were special team of play group doing play
of Ramayana. Ramdeobaba and puppet show. Vridavan Pandit did
Kirtan of Shrikrisna and Mahabharat at a  regular yearly basis.

Now, moving to metropolitan city, I missed it all. With influence of
Gurudeo,I could understand Jainism to a basic level. Gurudeo made
me to understand Samkit and it's requirement. It brought change in
me .confining me to single worship of Mahaveerswami Bhagwan.
On the same hand, with my childhood gift, I never forget to respect
faith of others. For all of us senior lot ,it is a need of an hour that we
impart training to our kids to value price of a single life ,respect the
freedom of religious faith and to keep away from hate crimes. For a
mob of rioters use of a fire stick with petrol may be a small thing
but ,the subsequent destruction burn countless dreams forever.

Let us learn from our mistakes. What happened in Delhi shall act as
eye-opener for all of us. Check own self that we are not failing in
our duty towards  nation and social building by imparting liberal
training to our kids. Teach them if human is missing what purpose
the holy places built so far will be serving------------------------???.


JAI JINENDRA---------------!!!-------JAI MAHAVEER--------!!!.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment