Sunday 15 December 2013

JAINISM-- JAIN CULTURE----------!!!--------PART 1.

Once. I happened to meet graduates from Jain religion to introduce them to Jainism. To make the meeting formal and allow each one to participate in the discussion, I invited them to share and discuss with me whatever they knew about Jainism, Thirthankars and Jain culture.
The information I could gather from them is summarized herewith. 
1-Mahaveer Bhagwan, He taught "Ahinsa Parmo Dharma" to world.
2- Navkar Mantra- is a great composition. They cannot tell meaning. 
3- My mother told me to eat only Jain Paav Bhaji, when ever I go for parties. Jain Paav bhaji dish is a brand ambassador of Jainism. I also eat only eggs-free cake in birth day parties. These basic care, I take.
4-I am keeping fast once a year on Sawastari for full day. It is tough but I do it. I do it as my fast cause happiness to my mother and dady.
5- My parents strictly warned me not to go to mix--( veg+ non-veg.) restaurants. I prefer outing but follow their this warning rule strictly.
6- My mother is daily doing one Samaik with covering of her mouth. Neither she speak with us nor pick up phone call for 48 minutes. I do not know the procedure. But I appreciate the meditation in Samaik.
7- My father  does not speak on each Saturday and follow "Mauna Vatra." He said it gives rest to tongue and disconnect with out world.
8- My mother does not eat anything in morning till she come back from Jain temple. I love her dedication and control for Darshan.
9- My mother does not eat after sunset and use only boiled or ash-mixed water for drinking. She is following it strictly before my birth.

10- Some times, I see Sadhu on road walking either in white clothes or naked with some pots, I am surprised, why they are not using the vehicles. Some time they visit our home to ask for food and water. It seems that they do not have own home and to keep moving on & on.
11- A young advocate in High Court said so for I have not seen any Jain prosecuted with crime against Nation. Jains are too simple.  
12- I am still carrying a currency note given to me by my grand father to give to beggar from our Jain community. I feel proud of it.
13- On Diwali festival, I have to go to Sthanak to hear Agam Sutra compulsorily early in morning on Pratipada "Uttaradyansutra."
14-I visit temples called Thirtha, once in a year with family. enjoying stay in Dharmashala and food at concessional rate. Staying there and listening Stavans in night is of a great fun and source of inner peace. 
15- I could compete my study only with scholarships granted by Jain Trusts. My widow sister is getting her monthly help from a Jain run
foundation. They also have so many social schemes for community.
16- My father is going to butcher houses and freeing cows meant for killing. My mother daily goes to terrace and provides pulses for all sparrows and pigeons. She also arrange for their water in summer.
17-Every night we all family members gather and do" Samudaik" 
 ( combined ) prayers for  minimum fifteen minutes on daily basis .
18- Some time we have to attend lectures of Jain Sadhu arranged at our hostels. Why they are not using mikes ,I could not understand,
19- For continuous period of eight days in Paryushan we do not get vegetables for lunch or dinner. It is tough but we do it voluntarily.
20- My grand mother gave up food  and performed Santhara Vatra at time of her demise. So many people attended her funeral.

21- I am not allowed to kill insects I am told to walk with care for it.
22- My brother was at summer camp for animals in the Marathwada drought hit area for 15 days. He is an active mobilizer for charity to blind schools. They also work in drought or flood hit areas in India.
23- I always hear Manglik from my mother when ever, I go out for important work. It is said to be most auspicious prayer of Jainism.
24-My father is very particular for buying only green marked stuff. even medicines may be necessary but we don't buy red  marked one.
I was very delighted to watch the glimpses of Jainism rooted in our culture. These youngsters may not have deep knowledge of the Jain religion but are proud followers of Bhagwan Mahaveer. If taught properly the details of Jainism certainly future is bright, I felt.They knew principles of Jainism in a scattered ways. Study can improve it.


JAI JINENDRA--------!!!------------ JAI MAHAVEER--------!!!.





No comments:

Post a Comment